Faithorn Farrell timms was appointed by Thrive Homes to undertake Type 1 Fire Risk Assessments to approximately 300 blocks of varying archetypes. Our client wished for us to capture any actions arising from the surveys in order to facilitate a programme of rectification works.
- We designed a Type 1 Fire Risk Assessment form, complete with codes attributed to actions to facilitate rectification works
- We formulated a schedule of rectification works, saving our client time and money
- We made access arrangements and conducted assessments on site
- A number of the blocks were sheltered units with specific access requirements
- We were required to access 100% of the blocks
- The buildings were occupied
Prior to commencement, we reviewed the current access arrangements for operatives working on their stock with our client to ensure that we could make access arrangements to all blocks.
Blocks with specific access requirements were scheduled to be undertaken before all other blocks and we obtained access keys for these from our client, which we returned upon completion of these blocks.
As our client wished to capture information to facilitate rectification works, we developed a spreadsheet whereby actions were inputted and based on the nature of these, priorities were given to higher risks works. Our spreadsheet was developed so as to form a schedule of works therefore, saving our client time and money, and allowing for rectification works to commence as early as possible.
Whilst undertaking the assessments, we noted that the current asset list provided by our client did not always accurately reflect the accommodation and number of properties within the blocks. We provided our client with an updated list alongside our assessments.