Faithorn Farrell Timms was appointed by A2Dominion Housing Group (A2D) to assist with the procurement of planned refurbishment works and also cyclical decorations and associated repairs works.
With our assistance, A2D created seven four-year framework agreements covering their property portfolio divided over seven geographical lots.
As part of our role as procurement consultants, we undertook the following key tasks:
- Initial client meeting to understand the brief and key requirements
- Assistance with Section 20 letters
- Prepared and published the Contract Notice (CN)
- Prepared and issued Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs)
- Managed clarifications
- Provided monthly highlight reports illustrating progress
- Obtained ownership of the Risk Register and Project Plan
- Undertook compliancy checks
- Facilitated the PQQ marking
- Prepared the PQQ report
- Prepared and issued Invitations to Tender (ITTs) including specification, project framework, Form of Contract, and evaluation model
- Compliancy checked the tender
- Facilitated the technical marking
- Evaluated the pre-submissions
- Produced the tender report
- Prepared and issued feedback letters
- Published Contract Award Notice (CAN)
- Prepared the Contracts
There were over 100 expressions of interest, with 36 applicants submitting PQQs. 16 of these applicants were invited to tender for one or more of the five lots. Ultimately, eight contractors, a number of which are Small or Medium Enterprise businesses, entered into contract with A2D for which the Practice prepared all the relevant documentation. The Planned Refurbishment Works procurement followed a similar process.
Uniquely, these procurements allowed us to work with A2D and Trowers & Hamlins to develop an innovative evaluation model sympathetic to the Leaseholders’ needs. This model has now been adopted as a Case Study for approval by the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal. Within this project the successful applicant was awarded with the general needs works, but where Leaseholders were involved the remaining framework contractors were given the opportunity to complete a call-off tender whereby they were only permitted to submit the same or better tender rates.
Paul Smith and Jennifer Jones communication with our client and diligent work on this bespoke procurement meant we were also charged with procuring a Planned Refurbishment Framework; covering 2,250 properties over two lots for the South-East region and London, with a value circa £20-£ 28 million. In addition, we had the privilege of procuring the Management of Responsive Repairs and Works to Relet (Voids) Properties through Joint Venture Contracts, which would be divided into two lots; South East region and London region, totalling 35,000 properties over a ten year contract worth up to £225 million.